Saturday 1 May 2010

Mundane Magic


I am eating the most amazing brunch all of which comes from my wonderful garden. Perky miniature fresh salad leaves of about 15 varieties along with chives create an oeuvre of color at the side of my orange and blue plate. The eggs I collected fresh and warm from the chickens lovingly called the collective "girls" are mixed with fresh rosemary and herbs. All this topped with Devon goats cheese and a bit of salsa prepared earlier from a jar. Magic!

PS Just so that all good things are in balance, I am also drinking the most exquisite coffee which comes from far far away ( Dubai in fact) which I bought on a stopover on the way back from India with my son in January. Lest anyone think I was too "good" in terms of carbon footprints in the sand, this should take care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment